3.29.2013

Faceless Art

Recently I came upon Lisa Golightly's work, and immediately fell in love with the simplicity of her faceless child-life paintings. Her paintings are subdued with bursts of color which makes them magical to look at. Below are a couple of my favorites but you can view more of her collection Kiki & Polly through Etsy.




A couple of weeks ago I found "the faceless lady" at a thrift store. I fell in love with the painting from the moment I saw it, especially since it reminded me of the faceless art above. It is not by Lisa Golightly (oviously) and unfortunately I don't have the artist info, but love it just as much. Their is something so magical about faceless art. It makes you wonder what they might be thinking, and to get lost in the art itself.




This lady has been quite the conversation starter, between my little girl and I. She tells me, "the princess is sad, because she misses her husband". I love how she can make up a story just by looking at the painting.

This oil on canvas painting is rather large measuring 24x30 inches. The colors are somewhat muted, but love the burst of blue along the edge. For now she hangs in my bedroom, and have named her "Triste Princesse".




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...